Reply To: FinnairCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Finnair Reply To: Finnair

MartynSinclair

this is an interesting one because i suffered an unfortunate experience with Finnair. I was flying to the Far East via Helsinki in December. I knew it would be cold outside but imagined an airbridge and an hours stay inside the warm terminal. I had a sweater above a T shirt and that was it (on top).

No airbridge, down the stairs into minus 14 – over the tarmac into a bus and into the terminal.

When i arrived in the far east i noticed my hands were very rough and i was getting small cuts very easily. By the 2nd day, my collegue took me to his office Dr., who immediately said “you have come off the Finnair flight” – it was a very mild form of frostbite from about 45 seconds exposed to the elements in Helsinki. So, as a lesson, i now take gloves just in case.

As for the Finnair service, no problem at all. It was good. But it is impossible to fairly compare an angled busienss class seat to a flat busienss class seat.

6 years ago, we would have all promnised to wear a suit and tie for just an angled busienss class seat. Now the product is more like first class. I wonder where we will be in another 6 years.