Reply To: BA new First Class Review

Back to Forum

FlyingDoc
Participant

Hi all,
I have only flown BA 1st twice in the last few months, unfortunately both on the old product: one was a flight to Barbados. The cabin felt old and tired, but to make matters worse the crew were behaving like they were doing us all a favour by serving us, disappeared soon after lunch and we nowhere to be seen until afternoon tea, served with the wrong attitude yet again. I was quite pleased to have arrived at our destination so as not to be treated with a mix of arrogance and sarcasm.
A few weeks ago I flew BA 1st to SYD, the cabin was still tired, but both crews were very good and made us feel at home. It was the kind of experience you expect from 1st Class. On our return from SYD we flew Qantas, and they were magnificent, even when we ended up on an old 747 instead of the expected A380 – a bit of a disappointment, but the crews more than compensated for this.
I am still looking forward to experiencing the new BA cabin, but I guess my point is that if the service is poor the whole experience is spoilt anyway.
Seasons’ greetings to you all !

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls