Reply To: BA new First Class Review

Back to Forum

bacrew1
Participant

very good posts by honestcrew. Being BA crew myself and an ex travel agent I would like to add that crew cannot differentiate between those passengers who have paid full fare or those who paid a discounted fare. On the passenger list the crew receive.. there is absolutely no information regarding this. However contrary to what honest crew said we can see who has used miles/points (whatever you call them nowadays) to upgrade.. there is a 4 letter code under their name RDUG, which stands for redemption upgrade… If I remember correctly sometimes passengers have the option to pay for upgrades whilst checking in and that code would be PDUG.
Whilst working in the premium cabins I try my best to treat everyone as equals. We do have it “programmed” into us by BA though to ensure Prems, Golds and Silvers get their choice 1st. Ideally we want to give everyone their 1st choice but we simply can only work with what we are given. As previously mentioned storing passengers own food/medication from a company point of view is a big NO NO.. but it depends on the crew on the day.. who knows what would happen if a manager from inflight services happened to be onboard and saw this!? My opinion of pilots “resting” in F is that it looks tacky when they are sprawled across their seat, unfortunately though it’s part of their agreement. Staff will always be served last in a premium cabin… generally most are well behaved, but we can spot them miles away even before we are given the final list of names ;)… and finally with regards to “dancing” around the cabin with the meal order (that made me laugh!!).. I may have to put my hands up and admit I may do this… but I do hope I’m not that obvious…. My reason for this is to offer the full menu to our frequent flyers as previously mentioned… I personally don’t see the point in going row by row, then having to go back and tell quite a few people that I can’t offer what they wanted…. at least I can tell them there and then, the way I do it.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls