Reply To: Boeing or Airbus Aircraft?

Back to Forum

jpmarcel
Participant

Same for me, Airbus always get my choice!

The A330/340s are very quiet and comfortable with a great cabin experience in every class. Especially in F or C/J, you get 1/1/1 on VS’s J, 1/2/1 on SQ’s J, 2/2/2 in worst cases on 330s/340s while you generally get 2/3/2 on 777’s J (not mentioning BA’s 2/4/2 !). And I don’t like that 777s possibility for a 3/4/3 seating in Y. Neither do I like to fly those old and noisy 767 with a crampy J/C 2/2/2 configuration, while Y is 2/3/2…Nevertheless, I agree with you Senator, 747 is a great plane, reminds me of my childhood, when climbing those stairs inside an airplane was something magic I just can’t explain. I haven’t had the opportunity yet to fly the A380, but, reading som TRs, it seems like a great flying machine (although awfully ugly from the outside…).

Talking about narrow-body, my choice also goes to Airbus with a great experience in both cabins. 757 is also a great, and very versatile, plane, but starting to show its age. I just don’t understand why european carriers (and only them, correct me if I’m wrong…) have the same seats in the front and back cabins, no matter if it is a 757/737 or a 31x/32x. I understand the yield adjustment thing from an operational and financial POV, but just can’t accept to pay 3 to 5 times the price of a Y ticket for just food and beverages… But I still like to upgrade with miles to this cabin 😉

Wide-body : AIRBUS 1 – BOEING 0
Narrow-body : AIRBUS1 – BOEING 0

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls