Reply To: CX Arrival Lounge LHR ?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines CX Arrival Lounge LHR ? Reply To: CX Arrival Lounge LHR ?

CathayLoyalist
Participant

Until it was clarified there was no CX arrivals lounge I was going to say where is it as it must have been a closely guarded secret over the pasy years!.

Two points. If you pitch up at the AA arrivals lounge at LHR without an invitation and particularly if you are flying economy as I do, even with a 15 year Diamond track record you run the risk of not being let in even if you flash the Diamond Card. I was even asked for an invitation, which I didn’t get due to a system malfunction, last year having flown Business into LHR but having showed both boarding pass and Diamond Card was allowed in. It also depends on who is manning the deak someone who uses common sense or “Mr.Jobsworth”.

Secondly I live in Singapore and travel with CX via HKG to LHR. In the earlier days after the AA facility was made available you indeed had to ask.for the invitation. As CX at Changi know me quite well I dont have to ask and it appears on check now there is an on screen reminder to prompt the check in staff to ask.

As to standards I have found the AA lounge at LHR more than adequate. I have no problem foregoing a hot breakfast and prefer the more healthy ‘cold one’ anyway i.e. cereals, fruit, yoghurts. muffins etc.The showers are great , good tv news coverage, adequate papers and internet. At 5.00am in the morning having a bacon sausage aroma drifting across a ‘lounge’ is not that appetising.