Reply To: Poor weather or poor operations?

Back to Forum

MarcusUK
Participant

As indeed schipol do very well also…

4 de-icing stations working through this weather normally…as they always manage to in the winter. Of course they don’t have the volume of traffic, or the restricted space as at LHR, but they also don’t have Any British management!

When i think of the tropical storms In Asian region, 2 ft of snow in Munich, violent electrical storms from Colombo, or heat of 45C in Muscat, even the “red dust” in Sydney…all keeps running. Countries know the parameters of their weather systems, & the Airports have no excuse not to have the proper equipment or be prepared, as indeed the Airlines themselves.

I have booked a flight to Sydney today in march, but i shall avoid LHR, & fly Swiss starting LCY, then onto Dubai (the new Business A333 service be interesting to try), then on with Singapore from DXB to SIN, then onto Sydney again SQ.

I make a point of choosing the more efficient Airports, pleasant professional security (unlike BAA), & avoid LHR at all costs now.

The short of it is, everyone else manages, but LHR & the UK is really bottom of the world list for proper planning or strategy. We do pay a VERY tidy sum to use LHR, & the most HEFTY Government tax out of the UK on premium travel now…we should be able to expect better services than this!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls