Reply To: Paid BC PAX being disturb by upgraded PAX on Air China

Back to Forum

thanyakorn
Participant

I am the passenger on board flight CA 959 from Beijing to Bangkok on Jan 4, 2010 and the fare paid was a normal Business Class.

With the incident of the snow storm in Beijing on Jan 3, 2009 and it resulted in airport closure as well as flight delayed and cancellation. I totally understand that there’re large numbers of leftover passengers which airlines need to put them on the next available flight. Hence, the Business Class cabin was full of upgraded passengers. As mentioned, I totally understand situation and I don’t mind upgraded passengers at all even I was paid the normal Business Class Fare.

I am a Star Alliance Gold Card member and I’ve sometimes got the complimentary upgrade to Business Class / First Class when travelled on Economy / Business Class on some overbooked flight. However, what really bother me and make me feel totally unacceptable is the inappropriate behavior during the flight of some upgraded passengers from “Tour Group from Thailand”. The behavior includes noise making and shouting to the other passenger expressed the angriness why they plane has to be stand still on the run way for more than 3 hours due to heavy traffic. These people are not respect the paid Business Class passenger at all.

I’ve paid the Business Class fare because of extra comfort and quiet cabin (as you know that the Business Class fare is almost triple from Economy Class). With this flight, the cabin was very noisy and I was not able to sleep until the flight attendance turned off the light. It seems like somehow, I was in the Economy Class with the extra space.

Air China will need to re-consider that upgrade criteria again, not just randomly upgrade passenger especially those on a “tour group” and make those people disturb the passenger who paid the normal fare. Otherwise, I will need to consider using Air China’s service again.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls