Reply To: TG DXB-BKK 26DEC2009 SUPERB

Back to Forum

MarcusUK
Participant

Hi folks.

Indeed the prices are very hiked again from UK to Australia again.
I could have chosen Cathay, Thai, Emirates, Etihad, Qantas for my flight (booked in July), for last Sept -Nov to Sydney.
I took SQ o the A380 for £1,950, but all were within £100 of each other.

I am in Oz now, but for travelling again end April -May the fares are £3,900 – £6,500. Whilst the seasons make some difference, never to this extent in previous years. TG do have some low fares, by comparison to the rest, but whilst i have had many years of travel with them, recently it is shabby, unpredictable on board, thought the service & food is good. The Aircraft seem to be swapped easily, few months ago the A346 on the LHR – BKK route, now the old 747’s.

I have taken a 747 where the seats have been ripped, frayed & broken around the cabin, IFE failing. Inter-Asia flights or domestic aircraft are dreadful.
Several EU embassies as well as Australian, are advising against travel to BKK at the moment again. There have been recent turbulent political times in Thailand, & these issues have not yet settled. These have burst through at times & seriously disrupted travel (Airport closed or occupied, riot police on Bangkok with curfews).

On balance, with these several aspects to consider, common factors the last few years, I wont be choosing TG for a while, like above, i would pay the £300 extra to know what i a getting.
And the same goes for SQ with their cabin variations at present.

But fares are higher than other years at this time, with the withdrawl of flights, taking out of Business seats, the hey day of First having gone, & PE being developed.
This seems the common factor amongst all Airlines at present…

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls