Reply To: Willie Walsh at 37000ftCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Willie Walsh at 37000ft Reply To: Willie Walsh at 37000ft

Tom Otley
Keymaster

Here is the note:
Dear Mr Business Traveller,

Today marks a new era in business travel.

I am very proud to be onboard the inaugural flight of
Club World London City, our new service between two of the world’s greatest financial centres, London and New York.

Our long tradition of delivering innovative new services continues with this first ever long-haul route to depart from London City Airport. And in keeping with our pioneering spirit, it is also the first transatlantic service with in-flight mobile communications provided by OnAir – which enables me to send this email from the comfort of my seat somewhere over the Atlantic.

Despite the challenging trading environment for airlines right
now, we believe in embracing the future and being revolutionary. Our investment in this new transatlantic service demonstrates our ongoing commitment to supporting and creating opportunities for premium travellers and the business community as a whole.

In recognition of the significance we at British Airways place
in this new service, the London City to New York flight bears British Airways’ most prestigious flight number, BA001, previously used by Concorde.

We hope you can make the most of this new and more productive link between London and New York and we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Yours sincerely,

Willie Walsh
Chief Executive
British Airways

For more information visit ba.com/clubworldlondoncity

or see our news story at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-launches-lcy-jfk-flights