Reply To: controversial LH FF CardsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines controversial LH FF Cards Reply To: controversial LH FF Cards

Hess963
Participant

Hi everyone !!

A German colleague has sent me this article from SPIEGEL Online.
http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/0,1518,651303,00.html#ref=rss

Unfortuantely it is in German, so for the English speaking folks out there, I try and translate it in English ( I hope my German from school is not rusted in—so please be amicable to me) . Here it goes…

Controversial Frequent Flyer Cards
The Authorities is auditing LH

Controversial sales practicing of LH. The LH company is being audited by the Authorities over the awarding of frequent flyer/loyalty cards to African merchants–reported by SPIEGEL.
Some of these merchants are suspected to be involved in drug- and plagiarism- trafficking.

The German LH specifically targeted Nigerian and Ghanaian merchants to attract them to the company and therefore comes under fire from the Authorities who are investigating internally already.
The SPIEGEL reports that in the past years LH has issued two loyalty cards to two merchants respectively coming from those countries mentioned above who had been repeatedly suspected by both German Customs and Police of drug-and plagiarism-trafficking as well as commiting money-laundrying.

It is said that one member of this LH-Merchant-Club has onced checked in more than 90 luggages. LH gives members of this club special sales/discounts. Since Autumn 2008 LH has offered the club members a creditcard which can be used in more than 200 countries worldwide.

Since the transfer of electronic monetary funds of over 10.000,- Euro is monitored by the German Authorities, the “Zollkriminalamt” (German Customs Bureau for Criminal Investigation) will investigate the incidents thoroughly.

Wow,..what a story. So those “Hon members” who received from LH their highly praised and wished “Black Card” for free are now being monitored…. Will the First Class Terminal and Lounges of LH/LX will be full of these “Hons” in the future since they might be questioned and kept in custody by the Authorities??
What if that happens to our British ” Hons” from BA and VS in Britain or abroad …???