Reply To: BA to charge for seat selection.

Back to Forum

Travellator
Participant

Bit confused. If I want advance seat selection can I purcahse online at the time of booking or do I have to phone after making an online booking.

Like others I am a Silver card holder so as long as this endures ( getting less likely however ) it does not affect me.

My wife and I are going on our usual HKG journey in October in CW and are already in upper deck where according to the seat plan there are still seats. Our son is travelling as well on a booking made later, he cannot check in until 24 hrs before flight so unlikely to get upper deck. If he could pay he would but NOT £ 60 each way. He booked a long time after us and his ticket is much more expensive than ours.

As an aside when I travel in the UK or from Ireland with Flybe or Aer Lingus I usually pre assign my seat and pay a small premium both sites make this painless, the Aer Lingus one is especially good because you can view the available seats before booking – this must be a post W Walsh idea because it is sensible !

A useful site is https://www.checkmytrip.com/ where you can view a booked seat at anytime it also has any updated aircraft news eg a change from a n A321 to a A319 eg.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls