Reply To: BA to charge for seat selection.

Back to Forum

TemboOne
Participant

I find it somewhat astounding how upset some people are, whether they be pro or con to BA in general.

A point that may be lost here, although I alluded to it in my previous post, is that while “prior seat selection” was previously available only to First, Club, and some status passengers, it is now available to all.

What is being missed here is that seat selection “at a price” now becomes available to leisure passengers on heavily discounted advance purchase tickets.

However, unlike full fare passengers, discounted tickets cannot be changed or refunded, even if needed seat selections are unavailable.

While I still yearn (at times!) for the good old days of BOAC, the VC10s to KUL and the Whispering Giant “Skycoach” flights to HKG and SIN, today’s BA is still a darn good airline, and one of very few carriers I would ever feel 100% “safe” in!

BUT, if only the admin people would smarten up! Offer seat selection ON-LINE at the time of and prior to completing booking. Keep it simple!

And if someone does purchase an RTW, cap the seat selection charge regardless of the number of sector legs flown on BA.

Of all the seat selection services I’ve used I must say I like Aer Lingus best. Your booking confirmation even includes a diagram with your selections clearly marked.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls