Reply To: BA to charge for seat selection.

Back to Forum

alwaysinclub
Participant

Well I think it is such a shame. BA were getting it together, with a great update of Club World, Terminal 5 and a good network. Now its all gone very wrong. Flying out og Gatwick in Euro Traveller is like Easyjet, lounges are tired, WTP is rubbish compared to Virgin, Club World is expensive and now you may have to pay for a good seat. Let’s be clear, there are favourites!
I have stopped flying with BA longhaul in Business Class, I have opted for Lufthansa at very competitive prices and great on-time performance. At a time when price sensitivity is high, this is a dangerous move because I am sure this move will not compensate their high costs, for one, people flying Club World often have Silver or Gold and therefore get decent seats and this reckless move will force annoyed, once very loyal, customers to other airlines. I live in the middle east now and every month people in the UK visit. Nobody is planning to come with BA. Gulf Air is cheap and service good, Virgin Premium Economy is great and Emirates all classes are fantastic, even if they can be on the higher side cost wise. I think BA should think about trying to increase their load factor by incentivising the customer, not squeezing them further.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls