Reply To: BA to charge for seat selection.Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA to charge for seat selection. Reply To: BA to charge for seat selection.

JonathanCohen09
Participant

I am the first to admit that I am no big fan of BA but I am not a BA basher either.

I have used them on occassion for long haul flights in CW and have been pretty happy with the service on the ground and in the air.

What I would like to know is why BA have at this time, when competition is so fierce, chosen to introduce these charges for premium long hall customers that ex-London pay some pretty hefty fares especially if you cannot book too far in advance.

I have no status with BA and am therefore not exempt from the charges and could therefore end up travelling in a rear facing seat, which I do not like to do, unless I am prepared to pay £120 return to ensure that this does not happen.

I am very interested to hear from anyone as to how they believe BA justify this and furthermore why they believe that passengers will be prepared to pay for what BA now believe to be a privelege and not part of the CW package if you are not one of their regular customers?

Yet another reason to avoid BA rather than fly with them!!!

PS: Will this charge also apply to choosing a seat on the new service from LCY to NY?