Reply To: SQ new 773 /A333 Regional business seat to oz

Back to Forum

Hess963
Participant

Hi everyone!!

First of all Mark Roberts9 thank you for your post and sharing of your recent experiences with SQ. Especially the part of not having a meal on board a C class cabin of SQ was a very bad revelation indeed!
I am just dumbstruck! This is definitely not the SQ
I have experienced a few months ago, when I travelled from UK to Oz. It was the great, relaxing, exclusive flights all the way. Food, service and seats(long haul C class suites) are working and exceptionally good.
I am baffled and keep asking myself, how could SQ make a very stupid and beginners’s mistake on refurbishing these regional C seats. Have not they learned from their recent highly praised C class suites? They are for example the sliding and the gaps or parts of the seat itself. 7-8 hours flight could be considered by SQ as regional but it is still a long period of time on board. Especially when they demand a nice premium price for it then it is only fair for the pax to experience the best seating and service which is SQ is renowned in the industry. What happen to the good quantity of food and the second service or at least small snacks?? This 4 different configuration for flights to Oz are not the right approach. And why use slick leather in a angled lie flat seat, a huge daftness?? The Silver Kris lounge experience in SIN in terms of food quantity and quality was very good. I had a lot of choices when I transited there, the staffs were very attentive even fulfilling every requests if possible.
The lounge is actually big enough to cover the midnight runs to Oz and Europe? I still got a seat and have my peace.
What is going on in SQ at the moment?? They should correct the seat angle to full flat like the existing long haul C cabin. I experience lately that the hors-d’oeuvre is often a small portion but if you have a decent main course and the dessert/cheese .. it is still satiable. I am still baffled and asking myself, I am writing these things over SQ right..???
Definitely SQ have to do something about these at once! Or lose premium pax for it indefinitely. The reputation as a world class and leading airline in the industry is at stake, if ignore these awful matters, pax quickly lose their faith and with the big competition out there—then SQ you really have a big problem!!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls