Reply To: New Gen Bus.Class Seating: Social seating versus Cocooning

Back to Forum

Hess963
Participant

Hi everyone!!

I was just glad to read the news over US that they decide to refurbish their Envoy Class to full flat bed and a new approach to the known herringbone configuration. It is really a pleasure to see that individual seatings( cocooning ) and twosome seatings are possible in the same cabin.
I still find UA C class seatings antisocial. I tried it once and find it hard not to look on my neighbour’s face which is looking in my direction. At least BA has the deceny to built a blind in between the people.
CO’ s approach of twosome seating, but lack of individual aisle access for all, is not bad. DL’s challenging task to try every possible new C seating is eligible. At least DL is trying hard to find the customer’s choice and be succesful with it comparing to other so called global players out there!!! AA’ s new gen C class seats are a joke!! What is the new gen in it??
CX’s comtemporary hated C class configuration. Well, yes it is flat, but very narrow. CX should definitely have to widen the seat( just look at 9W or AC ).
Just let us leave the so called “new C class” of some airlines out there who praise their product so high that they are the only one who are convinced of it( lie flat angled for example). Please do not take us for fools!!
So US is now leading the Premium Bus Class trail together with SQ(excluding the refurbish B777 and A330), EY, EK (in A380) in the industry.
So having an individual seat with both window and aisle access, wide seat, full flat bed function, having the opportunity to seat together( in general twosome seating in the middle of the cabin) and to cocoon in your own individual pod( just not forget the other premium perks some airlines offer in their C class) are not an illusion or exaggerating expectations of the contemporary C class pax at all??
So what is the best option social seating or cocooning???

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls