Reply To: Turkish Airlines inconsistent service attitude or just indifference

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

Hi again Airpocket. Absolutely agree with you. The problem is politics, particularly at the moment, for all kinds of reasons that we don’t need to rehearse.

I think that the most banal response I got to my earlier postings re TK was someone who said ‘Good grub.’ Yes indeed, but it could be the condemned man’s last meal.

The sad thing is that they could be a really good airline with some fairly minor changes. The service on board IS good, they do tend (in my experience) to be punctual and (generally) the cabin crew’s attitude is ok. However, the basic problem remains attitudes towards safety and the attitude towards customer responses in general (whether verbal like mine, or written like Hess’).

By the way, I remember Garuda in the days when it was said to stand for ‘Good Airline Run Under Dutch Administration.’ Times changed significantly for them and perhaps (geo- and euro-politcs apart) it should also for TK.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls