Reply To: Turkish Airlines inconsistent service attitude or just indifference

Back to Forum

Airpocket
Participant

‘morning guys. What consistently surprises me about the whole TK safety issue is that they are allowed to fly within Europe!I’m not sure if you remember but a few years back Garuda were banned from flying to Europe owing to their suspect safety records. Why can’t the same standards and requirements be enforced on TK? After all, peoples’ lives are at stake. As someone who knows about the law, I think its only a matter of time before someone brings an action against both Turkish Airlines and the sovereign nation that allows it to land at its airports, in the event of another fatal accident. You can be damn sure that if there was ever a fatal incident in the US then the families of those injured/killed would be suing TK.Indeed, I’m fairly certain the FAA might ban TK from flying into the US if safety standards continue to drop. After all, the now defunct Nigeria Airways was stopped from flying to the US for similar reasons.
We may have differing opinons about airliens but I totally concur, the European carriers and most self-respecting Middle Eastern/Gulf carriers would never compromise their safety.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls