Reply To: Turkish Airlines inconsistent service attitude or just indifference

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

Hess, Airpocket – good morning. Please read my various posts about TK (under Turkish Airlines in the Airlines category of the Forum). They are utterly awful and dangerous, and as you’ll read, as I was threatened with arrest when I complained about a breach of basic safety requirements shortly after they’d had a fatal accident. Never, ever, ever, ever again……

By the way, it was the staff in the CIP Lounge who were the problem: immediately aggressive and defensive, then said they would ignore me if I continued to complain (how I kept my temper, I’ll never know) and then ultimately threatened me with arrest. Nice airline, nice people, nice airport……

I enjoy reading, with some amusement , the ongoing debate about BA between Airpocket, VK and NTarrant, but let’s face it, the criticisms of BA are based (I think) on service standards. With TK, for me they are based on SAFETY and the response you get when you complain (as you say, Hess). No, BA (or SK, LH, AY etc) would never compromise basic safety procedures the way that TK do, and then be such complete and utter childish bastards when you take it up with them.

Sorry for the tone of this post guys, but I feel very very strongly about this and my earlier posts I refer to explain fully why I feel that way. It was suggested by someone with a sick sense of humour that TK really stands for ‘Total Killed’ followed by the flight number. I wouldn’t personally go that far myself but I understand the sentiment.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls