Reply To: BA Launch Premium Cabin Fare Sale: Book by Wed 16 Sept

Back to Forum

Pat_travels
Participant

Spot on comments Jumpseats!

Premium Cabin Fare Sale – well lets face it BA is perpetually running a sale and although I am sure there must be some bargains in there I have never found them. I am a BA EC Gold card holder, no big deal, in fact it brings little or no reward or recognition as far as I have experienced.

I fly the LHR/BOM route very regularly. Its a good route because of all the competition, but before last month I would never look at the alternative to BA – my loyalty was steadfast. That has all gone now. BA has lost the plot in my opinion.

Terms like PRODUCT, BRAND and SERVICE – vital as far as I am concerned and they have all gone from BA. Slowly, slowly eroded away – I sometimes think the BA management figured passengers would not notice the erosion if it was done slowly and subtly.

The good news is I am now brave enough to look beyond my BA Gold card and that lovely Union Flag tail fin. For a breath of fresh air try the alternatives, the competition. Its a service industry and any number of airlines want your business.

BOM/LHR – has 4 direct carriers and all offer a little something different. Just one example, if you want a modern/new aircraft, where everything works, its comfy and at a good price I recommend Air India. Brand new 777s ply this route – have you seen the state of the things BA fly into BOM! Similar to at least one contributor above, I would not choose AI but what I have done is looked at all the options available. My last flight LHR/BOM, granted it was a late booking to fly 5 days later but on their websites for Club/Business BA quoted £4400 rtn EVERY other carrier was circa £1500 rtn. I looked at 9W/IT/AI/EK/QR amongst others . In the end I plumped for EK and enjoyed the A380. The journey was 2hrs longer via DXB compared to the direct BA flight – i can live with that.

Final thoughts, as a previously very loyal BA pax. TN5 excellent, lounge lovely, salad and cold meats/cheese ok – getting to the airport not such fun, getting to the gate LHR/BOM always at a satellite terminal at TN5 not fun, then the scrum to get on board – really poor for First and Club pax. Compare that too EK – a car came to pick me up and dropped me right outside TN3, the terminal was busy but the haven of the EK lounge was great, fresh cooked food, I had braised beef, green beans and new potatoes in the lounge then walked with my fellow business class passengers all of 200 metres to my seat on the plane. Sophisticated or what AND over £3000 CHEAPER than BA

I wont comment on the amazing A380 experience, suffice to say it makes a tired old BA 777 or indeed my favourite aircraft the 747 look so rubbish

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls