Reply To: BA Launch Premium Cabin Fare Sale: Book by Wed 16 Sept

Back to Forum

Airpocket
Participant

The Sale doesn’t JUST apply to the Premium cabins; BA’s website clearly states that the sale is cabin-wide, which is why I started with Economy. Also, there is no point comparing any other Premium Cabin with BA’s WTP since BA is now the only airline that operates that cabin on the London-Bombay flights, now that VS has discontinued the Bombay service (VS still fly to Delhi, though).
I have personally been allowed to carry 46kgs on Jet, even though I’m not a frequent flyer with them. It just comes down to who you book your ticket with. Some agents, such as Southall Travel, manage to secure competitive contracts with the airlines and are allowed to issue tickets that allow pax 46kgs in Economy.Its quite likely that a similar ticket purchased firectly from the airline would allow a lower baggage allowance. Tricks of the trade, I suppose.
So, NTarrant, there you go. I’m not mounted on a soap box and I couldn’t care less if BA eventually files for bankruptcy (I don’t fly them) but I will certainly make my opinions heard if people are being taken in by the chaff that comes from BA’s advertising department, and their de facto propagandists such as yourself and VK.
Ultimately, we’ll just have to leave it to the fare-paying passenger to vote with his wallet. I’m sure there will be more price descrepancies to be found.Such as:
LHR-LAX, outbound 3/10 and returning on 11/10.
The cheapest direct flights in Business Class (Is that “Premium” enough and “constructive” enough for you NTarrant and VK) is £1,657 on UA and £1,663 on NZ. BA comes in at £2,248. Do the maths, while I “get a life”.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls