Reply To: BA Launch Premium Cabin Fare Sale: Book by Wed 16 SeptCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Launch Premium Cabin Fare Sale: Book by Wed 16 Sept Reply To: BA Launch Premium Cabin Fare Sale: Book by Wed 16 Sept

SimonRowberry
Participant

Can I offer a constructive view. I should point out (for the avoidance of doubt) that I have no strong feelings about BA either way. However, I will generally avoid flying them for the simple reason that if I buy a premium cabin ticket, I expect to be able to pre-select my seat. As I am a tier-status member in another OneWorld programme, but not a member of BA’s, I cannot choose my seat on booking. That, above all, puts me off using them.

Anyway, my point is that BA’s web-based Business Class fares are often considerably cheaper than those offered by their code-share partner (usually when booking that code-share partner’s flights through BA).

An example: LHR-HEL on Finnair (AY code), booked through their website, costs around £800; through BA, exactly the same flights (but with the BA prefix) can be had for less than half this fare. I have also found this to be true with BA and Iberia. It is also interesting that the cheap fares on the BA site are usually the code-share carrier’s flights – if you actually chose a flight which is BA-operated, the fare will often (but not always) be comparable to that offered by Finnair, Iberia etc.

The fares I refer to have exactly the same conditions (usually they have significant limitations on changes and refunds) on both websites, and yet are massively cheaper when bought through BA and have a BA prefix. Same aircraft, same flight, same fare restrictions, hugely different fare…….