Reply To: Rumour: Air France to Abolish ShortHaul European Business Class

Back to Forum

Senator
Participant

I do agree about the AMS airport. I am not however, so impressed with the KLM lounges. Perhaps I have missed something.

Whilst the BA Galleries lounge at T5 is gigantic, perhaps almost too big, I found it the best “Business” lounge in Europe. If this is what Silver Card holders/Business class passangers get, I wonder what the Gold lounge looks like as well as the Concorde Room.

I do believe this is a superior product to AF/KLM in AMS/CDG and the LH/LX/OS Business/Frequent Traveller (Silver card) offers at respective home airports. The Senator Lounges (Gold) is another story all together. I am surprised that AF/KLM does not offer a Platinum Lounge, but group Gold/Platinum/Business Class in one lounge.

I have a FB Platinum Card which I managed to “negotiate” on a trial basis for the year on the basis of 250k miles annually with LH M&M. After a few trips on KLM/AF in Europe and Asia, I have made no effort to maintain this as I believe there are better products out there. I think I have enough for Silver or Gold, but I am done trying to maintain this moving forward.

I do however, like the KLM staff. They are excellent!

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls