Reply To: BA Rolls Out First of New LCY Embraer 170s for London City Fleet RenewalCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Rolls Out First of New LCY Embraer 170s for London City Fleet Renewal Reply To: BA Rolls Out First of New LCY Embraer 170s for London City Fleet Renewal

VintageKrug
Participant

The seat will be the same in EuroTraveller as in Club Europe, which is a shame in my view.

Some airlines install a 2-1 configuration for Business Class, with dedicated seats, but this would remove the ability to vary the size of the Club Europe cabin, a key requirement to make this shorthaul service pay.

However, the layout is far preferable to the 3-3 offered by the RJ100 fleet, especially when you consider the curved sidewall which can impinge on personal space.

The 2-2 seating in these new aircraft makes flying from London City Airport LCY much more attractive, and my understanding is that a generous standard seat pitch of 33″ will be offered on the E190, which will feel more due to the use of space saving seat.

I am pretty certain this promo vid has already been posted somewhere, but it does give a good overview of the new aircraft and its advantages over the old CitiFlyer fleet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6bwM9D_xpI

The increased range of this new fleet should open up some new destinations not previously possible from LCY.