Reply To: Do They Think It’s All Over? BA Shares Soar 25% in Past MonthBack to Forum
Well, not a bad year during 2009 for BAY.L
Opened at 111p on January 2 and closed at 187p on December 31.
A 68% rise in BA’s share price during 2009, one of the toughest ever for BA in particular and the travel industry in general, makes me a very contented investor!!
On top of the impressive share price increase, the airline has strong liquidity reserves of £2billion (£1.5bn in cash and the rest in agreed loan facilities) at end September 2009 and an additional £2 billion of committed aircraft facilities which will fund the acquisition of the new A380 and 787/777 fleet due from 2012 onwards.
– brand new subfleet of 777s and Embraers in place
– move to T5 and T3 completed at LHR
– new routes to Maldives, Sharm and Las Vegas launched
– innovative LCY-JFK service launched
– cabin crew working practices changed
– nearly 10% reduction in cost base achieved
Well done to Willie Walsh and his team.