Reply To: Middle Eastern carriers’ service standards drop

Back to Forum

rferguson
Participant

Flew Etihad J class SYD-AUH-LHR last week.

Very comfy seats.

The highlight for me was the catering – it was exceptional and the range on offer was phenomenal (three starters, four of five mains, three dessert choices). All the food was plated in the galley and akin to what i’ve had in F on several other airlines. They offered ‘dine on demand’ in J which is a nice touch. But I must say I found it a bit annoying when my greedy seat mate (I was travelling solo) chose to avail of this service FOUR times during the SYD-AUH leg. Each time I was woken up by the table being set up, reading light switched on, the ‘would you like…’ dialogue. I think it would be better to stick to the two main meal services and the anytime ‘snacks’ that don’t require the whole table set up.

The crew were nice enough. Obvious a couple newbies. In J class I saw four crew – an Indian chap, a Ukranian girl, a thai girl and another chap that came from Algeria. To say that there was little interaction between them was an understatement.

However, value for money on the route is exceptional in comparison to many other airlines. Big thumbs up! Especially if you like your food!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls