Reply To: Middle Eastern carriers’ service standards drop

Back to Forum

Hess963
Participant

Hi everyone!!

I can only relate on my own experiences. ME carriers are in general one of the leading airlines regarding onboard service, innovative premium seatings, great inflight food/beverage and good Y class as well. These attributes regard to EY, EK, QR the other ME carriers which are not mentioned are either inconsistent or do not fulfill the comtemporary premises of a world airline with sufficient service standards or still on the brink of bringing these service standards.

One example of a great airline in the past is GF. Before it was the national airlines of UAE, Oman and Bahrain. Now it is only the national airline of Bahrain. Abu Dhabi (EY) and Dubai (EK) went their on way and as history shows these new airlines are succesful and they have learned from the faults of GF. Just to be fair, certainly GF has improved their seatings( but honestly until now–not in all aircrafts), introduce “Sky Chefs” etc. But due to its “bad luck” in the upper management, GF has become one victim of what you blokes have been talking and lively dicussing previously. The very good and experienced Asian and Australian recruits( cabin and cockpit crew ) which I have cheerished long ago as a Gold frequent flyer of GF were long gone to other carriers like QR, EY…

These human resources have given GF a good platform to show its premium produts, only the upper management is the one who is destroying all these good efforts. Instead of pushing further in positve and long term commitments. But luckily EK, EY and QR are showing the world that inspite the prejudices about Arab and their working mentality, they are still capable of producing world class airlines and service standards that SQ, CX, BA, QF …. are trying to cope and equalise. So let us hope that new names like WY which is a promising carrier regarding premium class service or the ” old ” carriers like SV, KU, MS will follow the footsteps of EK, EY, QR. in the future and enhance the aviation with good and innovative products for us to experience and definitely not to see those airlines in a “black list” from our skies.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls