Reply To: bmi Drops UK Domestic Business Class and Free Food for Elites from 27 January

Back to Forum

Binman62
Participant

Have used BMI quite a bit as I have an abundance of airmiles and only bmi are now offered as airmiles only fares from heathrow to GLA or EDI. British Airways, the owners of airmiles, have not offered a single seat from T5 to GLA/EDI for over a year now but will allow travel that originates in Scotland ……..but that is for another forum)
bmi have not been able to hold a candle to BA on domestic routes for a long time unless you pay the full fare which, as others point out also hikes the tax. Service is poor, frequency worse and punctuality and reliability erratic. BA at least provided a drink and a breakfast on early morning flights and had T5 rather than T1.
Can’t say I will miss bmi business class but while I am spending my airmiles I do need them on these domestic routes or for BA and airmiles to get real, and once again start selling airmiles seats to GLA and EDI from T5. They do to ABZ

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls