Reply To: bmi Drops UK Domestic Business Class and Free Food for Elites from 27 January

Back to Forum

goalie1
Participant

I just went onto the bmi website to book a few flights in business class from Edi to Lhr, I’ve been flying this weekly for the last 8 years, and wondered why business wasn’t coming up for the 24th Jan (seems it’s earlier than the 27th now). I then drilled down and was shocked to learn of the change they slipped in.

For me this really is the beginning of the end. it’s not just the business travellers bmi says are feeling the pinch this is definately a case of bmi doing all it can to trim costs. However, they shouldn’t try to market it as a good deal for the hard-up traveller as their flexible economy fare hasn’t altered and is still more expensive than the cheap business fare, albeit you get some reduction in APD.

I do think it will affect DC as I’m now struggling to see the real benefits for Gold, other than the Star connection. BA will be better for food, have you ever tried bmi’s panini offering?

Sad times indeed – time for Lufthansa to do the right thing and take over properly and/or put bmi to sleep now to save it from a slow death.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls