Home › Forums › Airlines › Bmi › Shocking Incompetence of bmi’s Diamond Club Systems Upgrade › Reply To: Shocking Incompetence of bmi’s Diamond Club Systems Upgrade
Business Traveller replies:
We have today received a customer email update from Bmi Diamond Club, with the following information:
“Thank you for your patience whilst we updated our Diamond Club system. We’re pleased to announce that the new system is now live.
There are still changes to be made on our website which will be completed over the next few days. Detailed below are some changes
we’d like you to be aware of.
11 digit membership number
Your Diamond Club membership number has changed from 8 to 11 digits:
• You can log into your Diamond Club online account using your 8 or 11 digit membership number and still use your existing password
• When you view your Diamond Club details online you will see your new 11 digit number
• Your new 11 digit number will now always be the same and won’t change, even if your tier status does
• When your membership year renews you will be sent a new membership card with your 11 digit number. Please start to use your new number when it arrives. Until then, please continue to use the number on your existing membership card
• Your miles will still be credited when you quote your old 8 digit number in a booking
• There is no need to update your membership number in any existing bookings
If you use your Diamond Club card to recognise your booking at check-in please read this important information.
Your Diamond Club activities
Previously, Silver and Gold members earning a tier bonus or Gold member status bonus received a one off credit at the end of each month,
crediting bonus miles relating to all flights taken in that month. With our new system, these bonus miles will be credited against each activity.
When you log into your account online, you’ll see a line for each flight showing the destinations miles and membership status miles credited, and
then a separate line underneath showing the bonus miles relating to that flight. We hope you’ll agree that this is much clearer.
We look forward to seeing you onboard again soon.
Diamond Club Manager”