Home › Forums › Airlines › Bmi › Shocking Incompetence of bmi’s Diamond Club Systems Upgrade › Reply To: Shocking Incompetence of bmi’s Diamond Club Systems Upgrade
bmi has had a checkered relationship with technology.
Whilst being at the forefront of SMS bar code check in (which actually does work!) with partner Lufthansa, their online functionality leaves much to be desired. Many are frustrated with the need for over reliance on the Pune-based call centre.
So it was with some relief members of their frequent flyer scheme, Diamond Club, were informed of a forthcoming upgrade to systems.
Naturally, no mention was given of this upgrade on their funereally black website, which replaced the previous refreshingly clear and simple interface.
But those with an accurate email on file were given advance warning that reward redemptions and mileage queries would not be available during the second week in May.
So, now the dust has settled, we were looking forward to some improvements, and a solid platform at last.
Having been through similar upgrades in the past it was hoped bmi would have learned from the mistakes caused by the often frustrating lack of testing which has plagued this sellotape-and-string online interface.
Not a bit of it.
The latest iteration of the website seems to be just a bad, if not worse, than the version it replaced. And fare from learning from mistakes, it seems very limited testing has been carried out to ensure smooth running from day one.
A genuinely incompetent roll out, and one for which bmi management should be ashamed.
Bloggers have so fare identified 21 errors, the new site having been available for less than 24 hours:
Membership number is showing lots of extra 0’s and not the correct status number (1,3,6 etc)
– Some MAJOR login issues (users can’t log on to DC)
– (not a bug but new coding) New Codes causing confusion
– Update my details – Broken
– Cancelled redemptions not showing with some listing issues
– Online Shopping may be messed up as it passes the modified membership number over – and your old transactions aren’t visible (unless you modify the DC number to something a bit more recognisable – Carried f/w from previous incarnation)
– Reports of missing miles (double check your numbers people and file as appropriate)
– Manage My Booking has been cleaned out
– When editing account : “Country” is now mandatory, so you can’t go any further until you fill it in
– When editing account : Newsletter preference has reset to the top value, ie ‘news about my accounts’
– When editing account : All the “flying and you” fields have been lost, so you have to key then all in again to proceed.
– Buy Miles – Broken
– Online booking with miles breaks at Step 4
– Some serious username/password broken going on
– Mileage display duplication when Clicking on ‘spend miles online’ and then ‘flights’ (no need to go any further and choose a route etc) then Go back to the members page
– Phantom duplicate entries appearing
– Date of expiry of status has gone on holiday
– Password retrieval function broken – have to phone ICC to reset
– ? Flights NOT posting (Not posting until 14th May.. we hope)
– ? Log-on resetting after visiting another page (please check your cookies)
– ? New BMI numbers now required for booking flights online – however there are “issues” doing this for two or more people.
21 pretty major bugs there.
Anyone else having problems?