Reply To: BMI call centre

Back to Forum

MarcusUK
Participant

I recall a certain profile singing the praises of “BM Idiamond club” a few months ago.

Having tried over 43 different dates, all the Star Alliance airlines, any routes to try to fly into Australia, all you get is “No seats”.
It wont matteer with what carrier on any date through the year, any route.
You can never get Air new Zealand international flights, or Air Canada flights, despite on some dates, AC informing me they had “not one” seat taken in C class on some flights, & there were the correct code flights for miles bookings.

BMI are a semi low cost operator, their time has gone.
BMI DC matches it.
BMI “Diamond” service is turns out to be more of a piece of worthless gravel, as far as FF miles are concerned, in fact their response seems to be more FF than not!!!

Its a deliberate ploy for them to refuse where their outlay is high, to lessen the costs for them purchasing flights. This is a purposeful management decision. Other FFP’s have seats on the codes needed from Star Alliance.

I know SQ now have restricted all flights on miles out of the UK, with changes in aircraft, & C class can no longer be obtained. out of the EU there is only Amsterdam that won’t have the new style premium cabins, & these are all excempt for miles bookings.

With the downturn, owing to the credit crunch, the pending flu management problems globally, & the fact that some Companies PROHIBITED travel for their staff from Germany, it does not bode well.

Reduced seats anyhow, , SQ/ QF pulling flights into London & on major routes, taking premium seats out…
There are however good deals to pay which are up to 50% reduced (Eg Australia C class on Emirates £1850), so that has benefits.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls