Reply To: BMI call centre

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

Do remember the bmi’s Pune Call Centre will be temporarily
shut from tomorrow (Wednesday 6 May 2009).

Though I vaguely remember getting an email on this a few weeks ago, there is unsurprisingly no prominent mention of this closure on the bmi website and I cannot recall when it will re-open (I think it was for about five days).

During this time Diamond Club redemptions and changes will not be possible telephonically – a real hassle for those trying to book to travel over Easter 2010 (those seats get released now). I would not like to be flying on a bmi redemption this week withought access to the call centre to sort out the regular SNAFU’s such as the itinerary being sent to the customer, without being ticketed.

A great little airline, sadly let down by poor IT, a 90s website and a Call Centre which apart from a few stars (and there are a few *great* call centre operatives in Pune amongst the chaff) is an example of all that is bad about offshoring when done on the cheap.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls