Reply To: Furious Boris Puts Thames Back on Tube Maps

Back to Forum

SimonRowberry
Participant

Not at all. I’ve merely requested that VK limits comments to areas of relevance and cuts out the politics and the personal abuse. Recently VK has told some postees to ‘get a life’, suggested that they ‘shop at Aldi’ (as a class-based insult), taken one postee’s user name and turned it into something offensive, made comments about people’s social class (when VK percieved it to be lower than his/her), commented about my age and suggested I’m ‘feeling old,’ etc etc.

Do we really need or deserve these kinds of behaviour from someone who is hiding behind a pseudonym and therefore has the benefit of anonymity? Indeed, is that kind of behaviour appropriate at all from a contributor to this Forum, anonymous or not?

I’m asking in my initial post (and not for the first time, I might add) VK to leave this utterly unnecessary personal abuse out and also to stop making party political points. I know that I am not alone in feeling that VK often makes inappropriate posts, usually when people do not agree with him/her (I make the point ‘him/her’ not to be perjorative, but because VK could be either sex). Indeed, there are others who seem to feel even more strongly about this than I do.

When VK stays away from abuse, personal comments and politics, he/she makes a very positive contribution to the Forum.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls