Reply To: Fly Virgin: 2h 8mins

Back to Forum

AMcWhirter
Participant

My East Coast train yesterday afternoon arrived into Kings Cross, 9 mins late owing to ‘line congestion.’ The train manager kept passengers fully up to date with the (train) running when we were about an hour away from London.

As I’ve written before in ‘Platform’ some of main lines into and out of London are full to capacity at certain times of the day. Some of our capital’s termini are getting as busy as Heathrow.

As for the Advance ticket pricing …. well a few mins ago I checked the one-way Advance fare for London-Leeds (using the neutral Trainline display) tomorrow and several lunchtime trains were offered at £49 one-way.

If you book using the East Coast website the fare is £48 and there’s no booking fee. (Trainline charges £1.50 booking fee + a further fee if you use a credit card).

A one-way flight on BA for LHR-LBA for lunchtime tomorrow is £66. I think that’s still good value but an economy class seat and service cannot compare with what East Coast offers in first class.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls