Reply To: Rail – a better way for short tripsCreate Topic

Home Forums Rail Travel Train Operators Rail – a better way for short trips Reply To: Rail – a better way for short trips

canucklad
Participant

Hi AMcW
I think you misunderstood my point about the barriers….Totally appreciate the need for barriers….What I experienced was an overcrowding issue that could have been resolved earlier…as I recall the conductor actually checked our tickets from Linlithgow …even though the train was jammed to the gunnels…possibly even over crowed…& Haymarket is the penultimate stop!!

It just seems to me that Scotrail seem to manage in a very haphazard way at times…putting their “First” money making business principles before the customer service experience .and I will re-iterate at a cost that doesn’t reflect value for money…

Hi AOTG…
Interesting point……I’m sure it was the Welsh game when I witnessed the disembarkation carry-on…From train door to temporary wooden boarding the platform could only have been 6ft wide….And when the doors opened ,an immediate bottleneck was created…to be fair I can’t remember what time I passed through, I had just arrived back from YVR and Mr. Jetlag was still milling about…

In relation to losing your ticket it is good to know that there are some that are not all jobs worth, and in fact it is probably the minority of Scotrail staff that do act like that..

MartinJ….totally agree with you…How many of our international airports have true mainline connectivity? ….within the terminal complex…?

On to the East Coast lounge at kings Cross…Has it recently been refurbished? …because my experience of it, once I found it. Was less than satisfactory!!