Reply To: Rail – a better way for short trips

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

canucklad – 30/04/2013 12:53 GMT
You can choose to have the common sense of an intelligent person, or play out the silliness of a Thomas the Tank character …and not treat us all like fare dodgers….

Hi canucklad

Same 6-Nations this year and I lost my train tickets after way too much celebration juice. I go to high-vis-jacket-wearing dude on gate and tell him my tale of woe and ask if I need to buy another ticket, it must be about 21:30 at night and I am considerably the worse for wear, but still coherent. Guard asks his mate and they agree to let me on – same at Dundee when I arrive, I explain I’m not a dodgy bloke just some half-wit with nae tickets coz the beer-man lost them.

So, in fairness to the staff they recognised I wasn’t some fare-dodging tool and applied common sense.

When I got off at Haymarket there wasn’t a queue to get out though….think that was the Wales game which was our last home game so they might have figured it out by then, I’d been at the other 2 home games but took my car and stayed in our Capital.

Rgds.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls