Reply To: Another Tube Strike: Will Anyone Notice?

Back to Forum

Kaicat75
Participant

There will be a number of lines which will run, as they did last time. But unfortunately, if its similar to the last strike, they will only run in Zone 1 & 2 and not during the morning rush hour. So for a vast majority of people it will mean having to try and get overland and walking.

During the last strike they did have a number of stations open through out the day on the tube network. But again these were a little hit and miss (fingers crossed for good weather)

Also I believe this strike is not even over pay but over the sacking of two workers.

I wait to hear what they have done to get sacked, will the reasons beat the cause of some of the last strikes (driver 1 – sacked for opening the doors on the wrong side of the tube, not once but twice, and driver 2 sacked for being asleep while driving). Both of whom I believe were re-instated to stop previous strikes.

I seriously doubt they could find more than a handful of commuters who will support these strikes.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls