Reply To: Deutsche Bahn Moves A Step Closer To St Pancras

Back to Forum

LuganoPirate
Participant

CMB, if I can find a way to post some pics I will certainly do so. I’m going end June. If you do decide to book yourself, let me know and I’ll point you to some nice hotels / restaurants.

CC, I agree with you, and trains are also used for business travel, so more than appropriate for the BT forum. I personally think we concentrate too much on air travel and while I use planes for Intercontinental and some European journeys I often use trains as well.

I happen to live a 5 minute walk from the main station with direct trains to Milan, Rome, Nice, Paris, Amsterdam etc and taking into account travel to airports, transit time etc there is often little time difference. It’s also great not to have to worry about being overweight on baggage, having too many carry-ons (basically all you can carry on is permitted) security queues, liquid bans etc.

But I suppose if we take all those hassles away there would not be much to write about in these forums?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls