Reply To: Alex on… Can Thai and MAS fully utilise their A380s?Create Topic

Home Forums Business Traveller Blogs Alex On… Alex on… Can Thai and MAS fully utilise their A380s? Reply To: Alex on… Can Thai and MAS fully utilise their A380s?

IanFromHKG
Participant

Edski777 – 04/06/2013 20:15 GMT : A battle where European airlines are at a disadvantage compared with Middle East carriers, because of their access to cheap money, low cost of labour and oil, and the Asian carriers because of the level of service and cheap labour.

Cheap money – have you noticed prevailling interest rates? They are incredibly low, even in Europe. Cheap oil prices will only work in one direction – any long-haul carrier flying from Europe will have to refuel there, and pay the same price as everyone else. I won’t comment on labour prices for ME carriers as I have no knowledge of those. However, in relation to your comments on Asian carriers… On both the last two flights I had from LHR to HKG, Cathay were using London-based crew. I can’t imagine they are much cheaper than London-based crew used by other airlines. And why on earth should European carriers necessarily be at a disadvantage to Asian carriers “because of the level of service” – that is something entirely within the control of the airline