Reply To: Alex on… Can Thai and MAS fully utilise their A380s?

Back to Forum

Ab0dache
Participant

Alex… you have an interesting point here focusing on the UK-kangaroo route and Thai/Mas.

SIA & Emirates seems to do well with their A380. It is worth noting that Qatar has not ordered that much of this plane.

It does not appear to be that easy to fully utilise the A380 for other airlines aswell.

China Southern cannot do what they want with it for political reasons.

Air France has asked to have some delivery delayed. The current financial position may explain it for sure, but… Is there enough passenger to fill the plane on all routes? I remember that the plane was supposed to be on the Paris-Montréal route. I think it was there for a short period of time. But it is not anymore. There are no gulf carrier on this route but the competition is still tough enough between the Canadian (not only AC) & the French airlines (not only AF) that the need of the A380 on the route was useless.
I read somewhere -not sure if I can rely on it- that some crew starts to dislike the A380 as there are too much passengers to serve in economy. It sounds like a less enjoyable work for them that being on smaller aircrafts.

Amazing news aswell when you report Lufthansa is to retire their B747-8 in 2020. Are some aircrafts too big or too expensive to run for some airlines or routes?

Yes interesting times lie ahead.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls