Reply To: Alex on… fixed business cabins return to Europe

Back to Forum

Henkel.Trocken
Participant

“VintageKrug – 01/05/2013 11:19 GMT
As someone who actually uses shorthaul business class regularly for business rather than the many retirees and leisure travellers off with their other halves for weekend jaunts, I am very happy with the service offered on the ground (far better than that offered, for instance, in the USA on similar tickets) and also the offering in the air, including catering.
Not everyone will agree with that, but it is my strong assertion that the flexible layouts work well for shorter European flights under two hours duration. Unless you’re obese, you simply don’t need extra space.
Otherwise the pricepoints, frequencies, flight times, lounges, aircraft used and BAEC incentives keep me loyal. Any improvement towards a more luxurious but less efficient layouts would increase prices, and with travel budgets stretched, it wouldn’t take much for my all-business class policy to change to Y, which would lose money for the airlines long term.”

I can’t help but think that here we have VK, a shorthaul C class traveller who scrapes in to C as long as the fares don’t go up on BA. With LH stealing the initiative I’ve no doubt that fares will go up and some people will pay them and others will be in economy and lose their gold cards at the same time, perhaps not even qualifying for silver.

Yet, at every opportunity those of us who travel far further at full fares are told that BA is best with an arrogance that is obviously founded on a few award seats and an intimate knowledge of product descriptions on BA’s website.

At least now we have some insight in to the level of experience the board’s most arrogant poster has.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls