Reply To: Alex on… fixed business cabins return to Europe

Back to Forum

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

Hi Alex

Back on the topic in hand.

Business travel in Europe has never appealed to me, I just don’t see what advantage it offers me, I’ve done it more than once and came away thinking “Nah, not worth the extra”. A lot of the discussion seems to be a bit London-centric, from the below I can demonstrate ably why I wouldn’t use business within Europe.

Last year I did several inter-European trips, I used Easyjet from EDI, Jet2 from GLA and German Wings from EDI. I was at my destinations directly, cheaply and with little fuss.

Flying business would see me have to connect planes, most likely in LHR, not an option for me I’m afraid. Even if I could fly to my destination directly in business class, why would I bother? A 3 – 4 hour flight maximum I just don’t see how it is justifiable unless it is at a really attractive price point, and by that I mean less than £100.00 more each way or I’m going to go with good old Easyjet.

I think a lot of business travel now is about getting value for your Pound/Dollar/Euro, and some of the airlines have recognised this and give you some lovely rewards for flying with them, those rewards, for me are diminished somewhat within Europe as everywhere is so accessible directly, cheaply and with almost no fuss.

Regards.
AOTG.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls