Reply To: Alex on… fixed business cabins return to Europe

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

I’m not familiar with the Germanwings product.

Do they have an online booking App?
Regular departures at convenient times to business destinations?
Service from major airports like Heathrow?
To they permit on board one bag which can be lifted and fitted into the overhead, plus an additional personal item?
Do they reserve the best seats for their most frequent users?
Offer priority check in for their best customers, even when in economy?
Priority baggage check with 2x32kgs checked allowance for their best customers?
Lounge access, with vintage champagne and table service food for their best customers?
Showers?
Complimentary newspapers and magazines in the lounges, newspapers for all passengers on boarding?
Free ‘net access in the lounges?
Empty space between seats next to you?
What is their seat pitch?
Full complimentary bar on board, including Champagne?
Hot food on longer flights and a decent English Breakfast?
Proper Tea?
Baggage interline agreements?
A hub which connects you to a broader longhaul network?
A frequent flyer scheme useable globally as part of a major alliance?

If, as you say, germanwings can offer all this, I’ll be impressed. I suspect it’s a patchy ability to deliver some of this, and so it’s not really comparable to Club Europe.

I do, however, suspect it’s the model that will become more prevalent – just as you all see no contradiction in the way you criticise current premium offerings, demanding even more than the panoply of benefits already offered, while simultaneously praising a low-cost carrier which charges rock bottom prices, and pays its staff far less than you think BA should be paying it own crews. The hypocrisy is jaw-dropping.

http://www.britishairways.com/clubeurope/

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls