Reply To: BA lost luggage POOR handling FRANKFURT airportCreate Topic

Home Forums Business Traveller Blogs Your blogs BA lost luggage POOR handling FRANKFURT airport Reply To: BA lost luggage POOR handling FRANKFURT airport

HarryMonk
Participant

BA really aren’t very good at dealing with mishandled / delayed baggage.

On a recent flight with BA from the US to LHR my bag was not loaded on to the LHR bound aircraft from the connecting flight despite there being 1.5hrs between flights. I was informed of this upon my arrival at LHR at 8am and told my bag was on next flight due to arrive 3 hrs at 11am and my bag would be delivered that afternoon to my home address. I was not pleased but accepted it happens every so often and left the airport with the report / tracking number.

With the online tracking I could see my bag arrived at 11am as promised but here is where BA’s tardiness and lack of customer care came to the fore, my bag was still at LHR until 6pm (7hrs later) when it was collected by BA’s appointed courier, it then spent the night at the couriers facility and was not delivered to my home address until 1pm the following day.
All in all, 26 hours from the arrival of my bag at LHR to delivery to my home address less than 10 miles away from the airport.

During this time there was no available phone number to baggage services at Heathrow, BA customer services or to the courier company to advise on a delivery ETA, only a number to an indian call centre who could only offer “wait until the courier company calls you”

And to show just how much BA care, its now about 8 weeks since that event and I have still have not had any acknowledgement of my complaint regarding the slow delivery from BA customer services.