Reply To: Which Star Alliance Mileage Program is the best

Back to Forum

Rabbz_Staralliance
Participant

Kudo’s to Aredondo, bobbycslin, JasonMyers

Ok so I agree with you guys on that scenario on some terms.

So how about this scenario?

This might be slightly off topic

I don’t know if this happens to you guys or not. My Aunt is visiting me on June 10th and the most efficent airport for her to arrive is BDL in which Thai doesn’t serves. So she went to Thai’s BKK HQ which is near her house and tried to book it her flight which ROP miles. The agent tried to search for possible routes and the furthest that they can get my Aunt to the USA is to LAX direct on their A340’s, the agent declined to reroute her on thier partners flights or change routings as she claimed it is full. Think: my Aunt is just a temporary airline customer who knows that she is collecting miles and she can use miles plus she isn’t an airline expert like some of us here.

We manage to get her to use her miles because I use ANA’s web to search for avialability and e-mail her the evidence to the TG agents who then later give us the green lights! She got the BKK-LAX on TG and LAX-ORD-BDL on UA.

Other fun facts:
Thai’s codeshare flights on (its always have their TG 6XXX flight code displayed) UA and NH to ORD, JFK, BOS can’t be search from their web compared to United’s in which the folks in United will just show the flight and show a little brackets saying that their fellow star alliance friends is operating the flight.

Rabbz_*A

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls