Reply To: QF DOMESTIC BLUESCreate Topic

Home Forums Business Traveller Blogs Your blogs QF DOMESTIC BLUES Reply To: QF DOMESTIC BLUES

austline
Participant

I flew from Perth to Adelaide yesterday with my wife. I hold platinum status and wife gold. We have been issued with new QF FF cards and baggage tags with new chip technology. I could not get the machine to work in the end a staff member, who looked harassed, took us to the service desk where we were manually checked in. The friendly check in agent said the new technology is not working and is plagued by problems. Perth was the test ground and Sydney has just cut over. To make things worse they have reduced the number of staff and check counters, passengers are left to wonder around aimlessly not knowing what is happening.
Qantas’s Perth domestic terminal is a dreadful to use. It’s always packed with fly in/out miners, Qantas has a booming trade but does not seem capable of managing the infrastructure or resources needed to run it. A week earlier we had arrived from Adelaide, no aerobridge and a considerable walk, it took us 30 minutes to get out luggage; we were told that there was congestion on the tarmac. Upon receiving your baggage you then have to fight your way through crowds and try and get to the pickup zone.
I have given up trying to connect through Perth to Johannesburg as you have to change terminals. The international is no better and the Qantas lounge is dreadful.
One would think with a booming economy the airlines and state government would be getting on with sorting out and building the proposed new terminals.