Reply To: Another Virgin Marketing BlunderCreate Topic

Home Forums Business Traveller Blogs Your blogs Another Virgin Marketing Blunder Reply To: Another Virgin Marketing Blunder

dutchyankee
Participant

Sean, I realise many people are suffering this holiday season, just as I did last year about the same time flying CO due to the threat of a BA strike (I left the experience on this blog) so I really do not appreciate your holier than thou atttitude. The passengers on this flight should not of had to wait, irrespective of how long you or others have had to wait or the experience you have had. I feel bad about yours and so many others experiences, and can truly empathise as I went through similar last year, but the simple point is If they could get Madonna off, and her entourage, then why not the rest. The total time on board was over three hours, but after the wait commenced, she was then allowed off, but the others had to wait a further two hours. I have no axe to grind against VS, exaggerated or otherwise, this is just wrong and had it occurred on BA I would likewise have commented. Of course had it been BA this blog would have been full of so many people slamming BA for Discrimination, unfair treatment, whatever, just as they have blamed BA for the weather these past days.

Get over it?? I guess I am not allowed an opinion. And yes, in a perfect world we would all be treated equally, which is why, when we are not, some of us get annoyed, and point it out. If you choose to accept inequality then go for it, I don’t. So no, I won’t ‘get over it.’

As for the title Marketing Blunder, perhaps it would be better to have said another PR Blunder of which they have had plenty. I do agree, however, their advertising is pretty good.