Reply To: Another Virgin Marketing BlunderCreate Topic

Home Forums Business Traveller Blogs Your blogs Another Virgin Marketing Blunder Reply To: Another Virgin Marketing Blunder

dutchyankee
Participant

Sean, I could really care less if I sit next to Madonna or not, and seeing a 50+ year old doing yoga in the aisles, regardless of who it is, is not my ‘cup of tea!’ I am sure if this had happened on BA every BA hater would be up in arms about this. But it is fine for Virgin. And exactly my point, all these other travellers are sufferring, but supposed ‘Pop Royalty’ doesn’t have to! She should be allowed to get off the plane whilst others have to wait two more hours, really, you dont have a problem with this.

You say you would have loved to experience what they did as opposed to what you have had to g through at LHR, but she should be immune?? How anyone can find this to be fair treatment is beyond me. If they could get the bus to the plane to get her off, then everyone else should have been allowed to get off too. As to why she chose Virgin, please, can you really be that naive??? Seems to me Virgin had something to do with the recording industry at one time! Could it have been a marketing ploy, a PR opportunity? So I guess when the plethora of celebrities who choose to fly BA, showing where their allegiances lie, is that then not good enough for you. Stick with Virgin, that’s the great thing about having choices, but Virgin’s actions here are simply wrong. And their excuses make them look and sound even more unprofessional than ever.

Of course, all airlines treat VIP’s, Celebrities, and Royalty (real Royalty) special. But this experience is beyond the pale. Virgin can not hide behind the fact that the airport couldn’t accommodate, didn’t have the customs people, snow, or any other excuse they will no doubt have to come up with, as they were able to get her off the plane, so give me a reason why the rest of the passengers, had to wait another two hours? Holding passengers back whilst First Class or Business Class disembarks at the gate or remote stand is one thing, holding passengers prisoner except for a Diva, is completely another.