Reply To: Expedia cancelled flight booking without notificationCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Ask the travel manager Expedia cancelled flight booking without notification Reply To: Expedia cancelled flight booking without notification

sterblu
Participant

I booked a flight through expedia and received a confirmation on the website, as opposed to an email confirmation, saying that I did not need to do anything further. I had not used expedia before and thought that the boarding pass must be accessible through the website.

I went to print out boarding pass the next night, the night before the flight, to be greeted with a message saying that the advertised fare was incorrect and that it was infact 120% higher-did I wish to proceed?

I was not emailed by expedia warning me that the ‘confirmed’ booking was not infact confirmed and had indeed being cancelled. When I attempted to contact them, i was consistently cut off and the details that had said the airfare was incorrect were wiped i.e. the evidence that I had made a booking had been wiped.

As they had informed me that the booking was confirmed (evidence now deleted) I did not seek additional bookings. Now the airfares from rome to dublin are close to my airfare at christmas from london to nz.

What recourse do I have for compensation with expedia?

Thank you.